Job Title: Executive Assistant (Confidential)/Office Manager
Salary: $70,363-94,080 annually, depending on experience
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager performs confidential secretarial and administrative tasks as direct assistant to the Executive Director in the performance of her responsibilities. Supervises a small clerical staff and manages all administrative functions of the office including meetings, office equipment, furniture and décor. This is an exempt senior staff position located in Sacramento, California.
- Takes a positive, professional, confidential and proactive approach to his or her work while fostering an environment of collaboration and team work.
- Displays the utmost discretion and professionalism, especially when dealing with confidential matters.
- Manages demands on the Executive Directors time by receiving and prioritizing all requests for meetings. In addition, the Executive Assistant must be able to display political sensitivity in dealing with these requests and in safeguarding the Executive Directors time, schedule and priorities.
- Conserves Executive Directors time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents; collecting, analyzing information, and forwarding information to appropriate staff.
- Troubleshoots Executive Directors schedule by ensuring that all needed information is provided, relevant staff is looped in and that appropriate background is provided to ensure successful participation in meetings, events and while en route to such activities
- Coordinates travel for the executive director.
- Supervises, trains and coordinates front office staff to ensure the office runs smoothly and efficiently
- Sets up equipment, furniture and food for office meetings
- Identifies, recommends and implements procedures to facilitate overall office efficiency
- Provides and coordinates administrative office functions including but not limited to administrative support, responding to queries, scheduling meetings and arranging logistical details and preparing a variety of confidential documents and reports
- Coordinates and/or records minutes for all executive board, executive committee and adhoc board committee minutes
- Acts as facility manager maintaining professional décor, office plants, furniture, equipment and fixtures.
- Act as primarily liaison to property manager upholding provisions of lease terms and participating in the negotiation of future facility leases.
- Produces notes, reports and other written materials as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Executive Director of SEIU California State Council
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Ten or more years of experience doing similar work
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working in a politically sensitive environment
- Experience working with board of directors and executive staff
- Track record of success in past administrative roles
- Ability to work hard and smart
- Ability to work effectively with service vendors
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidential, sensitive or proprietary information
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and orally
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Familiar with business office equipment such as copiers, printers and fax machines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Type a minimum of 50 wpm
- Possess strong grammar and composition skills
Work is performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours, including evenings and weekends when required. Travel will be required at times.
Excellent compensation (commensurate with experience), a comprehensive benefits package and a generous paid time off program is offered.
For immediate consideration, please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org